Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pregnant misscarrying maybe

Pregnant misscarrying maybe

Patient: Hi im a little over 5 weeks pregnant. This is my second pregnancy. on jan 22 I started light spotting it lasted for day then stopped and started up again and no pain. well yesterday I went on a little trip an hour ride when I got to where I was going I was standing up and I started gushing blood it was really dark I didn’t see any clots. im still currently bleeding not a lot and still no pain. im thinking im having a miscarriage im just not sure if I should go to the hospital or wait until tomorrow and see if my OBGYN will see me?

Symptoms: Gushing blood yesterday 01/31/15 no pain still bleeding a little bit no pain

Doctor: Hello,If you are pregnant and you are experiencing bleeding per vaginum then it is an emergency and you are experienc ing a threatened abortion. You should immediately report to ER to get a transvaginal ultrasound done to look and check for fetal viability or confirmation of inevitable abortion.Any bleeding in pregnancy is considered ominous unless proven otherwise.Please visit ER asap.regards