Pregnant or false hope?

Patient

Q: For the past 3 months i have been starting on the 15 of every month. me and my husband have been trying this month to conceive. i started to have a little light pink spotting on sunday, it only lasted about 2 hours the rest of the day and the next day after i had nothing so i figured it was from implantation bleeding. today(tuesday) i started with a light pink bleeding turning to a little heavier bleeding could i have still conceived or was it just false hope? this is not regular for me i normally start with heavy bleeding.

Doctor

This may possibly be an implantation bleed which can occur for a day or 2 . But the best way to differentiate between a break through and an implantation bleed would be to rule out pregnancy . This can be done on day24-26 of your cycle with a blood serum beta hcg levels. If the levels are high, then pregnancy is confirmed and if not , it was a breakthrough bleed.
this is a sensitive test and can be performed before missing your periods.
I hope i have answered your query,
wishing you good health,
regards