Pregnant or infection

Q: Hi my name is mariam im married and me and hubby are trying to have a baby. i have an irregular period so we are finding hard to conceive.
1 week before my period was due i started to get a brownish/pinkish discharge and its been on and off for 2 weeks now, sometimes i see it on my pad and sometimes only when i go bathroom and wipe. within the first week of this happening after i went bathroom and wiped there was mucas like discharge and stringy red blood, this happened only the one time and i was back to the brownish/pinkish discharge. i did a pregnancy test today came back negative.
could i still be pregnant?

Symptoms:  Brown/pink discharge