Pregnant with Vomiting and Diarrhea

Patient : Hi my girlfriend is 12 weeks pregnant is has had vomiting and diarrhea for the last 2 or 3 hours. this is our 1st baby and we are not sure what to do. any ideas?
Doctor :   Vomiting or morning sickness is a common in early months of pregnancy. Some women also experience diarrhea during pregna ncy, but it usually lasts for a day or two and stops on its own. You need to make sure that your girlfriend maintains adequate fluid intake to prevent dehydration. She may drink a sports drink like gatorade or available oral re hydration solution to stay hydrated. In case the diarrhea is associated with other symptoms like fever, severe cramps, blood or mucus in stool etc., or if the diarrhea continues for more than two days with a frequency of 3 or more times per day, she needs to consult her doctor right away. Vomiting or morning sickness is a common in early months of pregnancy. Some women also experience diarrhea during pregnancy, but it usually lasts for a day or two and stops on its own. You need to make sure that your girlfriend maintains adequate fluid intake to prevent dehydration. She may drink a sports drink like gatorade or available oral re hydration solution to stay hydrated. In case the diarrhea is associated with other symptoms like fever, severe cramps, blood or mucus in stool etc., or if the diarrhea continues for more than two days with a frequency of 3 or more times per day, she needs to consult her doctor right away.