Pregnant woman breathing treatments

Patient

Q: Can a pregnant woman take an albuterol sulfate inhalation solution breathing treatment 1.25 mg for a cold

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
During pregnancy it is always advisable to avoid medication as far as possible especially during the early weeks of gestation. But in cases where they become inevitable they can be used provided they are FDA approved for pregnant women.In your case you can take the medication if you are having congestion & difficulty in breathing till it eases out & you start feeling comfortable as inhalation is always better than oral medication during pregnancy.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.