Pregnant?help?

Patient : Im 14. I have been off the birth control pill for about a month.During that time I have had unprotected sex more than once. I usually have my period constantly which is why I was put on the pill. But lately I have felt really bloated and have had cramps mostly on one side but lightly on the other too.I think I might be pregnant and I'm in desperate need of knowing.Whats your opinion?
Doctor :   I understand your concern about probable pregnancy, certainly if you had unprotected sex, there is a possibility of preg nancy. The only way to rule out that possibility is by taking a home pregnancy test, I would suggest you to take it after a week from your menses due date. Now, on the other hand since you recently discontinued your birth control pills, your body could also be starting to produce the hormones by its own and the cramps and pain that you feel might probably be caused by these changes. In the future to avoid unwanted pregnancies and perhaps sexually transmitted diseases, I would suggest you to use barrier methods such as condoms.