Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pregnantice milk when i am on Mirena.

Pregnantice milk when i am on Mirena.

Patient: Can I get pregnant on the IUD is called Mirena ????Is this signs of pregnantice milk coming out your boobies, headaches , dissy Sipelles and lower back pain????

Symptoms: Milk coming out of my boobies, Headaches, Dissy Sipelles And Lower Back Pain

Pregnantice  milk when i am...-1 Pregnantice  milk when i am...-1 Pregnantice  milk when i am...-1

Doctor: Hello,thanks for the question to askthedoctor.comMirena is a progesterone IUCD offering double protection against pregnancy in form of an intrauterine device and also continuous progesterone release preventing ovulation and causing stoppage of menses.The secretion of milk from breasts is an indication of high prolactin levels , which requires to be evaluated in your case. It may so happen sometimes that the stress levels during the mid of the cycle may be high and would effect the progesterone levels leading to such premenstrual symptoms before some amount of breakthrough bleeding may be noticed in cases of MIRENA . S o , the symptoms of low back ache , headache and dizzy spell are attributed to progesterone effect of mirena and unlikely due to pregnancy.I hope i have answered your query in detail.wishing you good health,regards