Pregnany without intercourse

Patient

Q: My gf told me she has had two periods since the last time we had intercourse. She said she has had some symptome recently and took a test. She said it came out slightly positive. Our last intercouse was about 3 weeks ago..I know she has always had irregular periods. And I did not even ejaculate. Is it possible she is stressing and causing her body to do these things? Thanks in advance

Doctor

A:   Intercourse and vaginal ejaculation is not required for pregnancy.
It is possible to become pregnant with even pre-ejaculate near the vaginal opening during foreplay and I have even seen cases of pregnancy caused by couples masturbating each other and ejaculate or pre-ejaculate from the hand impregnating the women.
A simple blood test at the doctors office can give you a definitive answer.