Premade Guayaki Yerba Mate health risks?

Patient

Q: I was doing some research and I saw that my favorite drink, Yerba Mate, has kidney and cancer risks. All of the many articles I saw seemed to be geared towards the hot kind that you make yourself.

My grandmother has kidney disease, and there is a slight history of cancer in my family. I usually buy the premade kind, and it's not hot (one article said that might be one reason it's a cancer risk).

Should I stop drinking it entirely? Or should I just not drink more than maybe two or three bottles a week (I don't usually drink more than that anyway).

Can you please shed some light on this, and tell me a bit more about how much I should drink? My mother might also start drinking it to help clarify her mind - any tips for her?

Doctor