Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Premature ejaculating

Premature ejaculating

Patient: What test are done for premature ejaculating? Will the doctor need to do an examination of my penis?

Symptoms: I am ejaculating less than one minute into intercourse.

Doctor: Premature ejaculation may be a manifestation of some systemic illness like diabetes and cardiac diseases to name a few. It may also be a manifestation of a wide spectrum of mental illness including stress disorders, anxiety disorders, or major depressive disorders. The test to diagnose or isolate the particular cause of PE in your case will depend on the doctor’s findings and observations following a thorough clinical examination and interview. It may include blood test, radiological or sonological investigations among others. The doctor may examine your penis for regional abnormalities as part of physicals, if required.