Premature Ejaculation and trouble with erection

Patient

Q: My husband won't talk to a doctor about this because he is embarrassed by it but it bothers him deeply. He has two problems sometimes he can't get errect at all and others he can but doesn't last more than a minute literally. We know he is overweight at 209lbs and 5'8" and he has elevated cholesterol. The doctor he normally sees said it's not horribly high but slightly elevated so he should watch his diet better. I help with that since I cook. He is now going to be my workout partner to help himself loose weight as well as me. Though doing all this for over a year now and nothing seems to be helping. Is there anything we should consider trying that might help this problem? My Husband is 34 years old.

Doctor

A:   Emotions like stress, unhappiness and depression can all play an important part in erection problems along with other underlying conditions or injury that could be the cause. Pravastatin may also produce this as a side effect, so it would be beneficial for him to talk to his doctor regarding his erection problems. Here are some diet and lifestyle changes that might help him lower his weight and cholesterol levels for better outcomes. He may try diet modification with plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and fish- all of which promote heart health along with more soluble fiber, found in oatmeal, beans, fruits and vegetables. Cut down on fat and cholesterol from meat and dairy products as much as possible. Also avoid alcohol and smoking if that is the case, and continuation of the workouts would surely help with time. Your husband may want to try walks, jogging or bike riding if possible, for at least 30 mins and twice or thrice a week, to help with his weight reduction and heart health.

Emotions like stress, unhappiness and depression can all play an important part in erection problems along with other underlying conditions or injury that could be the cause. Pravistatin is also capable of producing this as a side effect, so it would be beneficial for him to talk to his doctor regarding his erection problems. Here are some diet and lifestyle changes that might help him lower his weight and cholesterol levels for better outcomes. He may try diet modification with plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and fish- all of which promote heart health along with more soluble fiber, found in oatmeal, beans, fruits and vegetables. Cut down on fat and cholesterol from meat and dairy products as much as possible. Also avoid alcohol and smoking if that is the case, and continuation of the workouts would surely help with time. Your husband may want to try walks, jogging or bike riding if possible, for at least 30 mins and twice or thrice a week, to help with his weight reduction and heart health.