Premature Ejaculation Issue & Penis Size

Patient

Q: Hi,

I'm 24 years old, and I have a few sex questions.

First, I am a virgin, and have not had sex before, but I do masturbate on a regular basis. The issue I have and an issue I foresee in my future with sexual intercourse is my quick ejaculation. I am 100% sure I have a premature ejaculation, once I reach orgasm I could ejaculate within seconds. I could only continue an enjoyable sexual feeling in my penis without stopping for a just a few second until I feel like I can ejactulate. It's very frustrating. What I need to know is there is medication available to help me with this issue or some other remedy.

My next issue is the size of my penis, which is only 5 inches, I know this is supposedly average. I would also like to know if there is a permanent solution to this matter too.

I appreciate your help, thank you.

Symptoms:  Quick Ejaculation
Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,

Premature ejaculation is one of the common ailments which are being faced by youth these days and yes in most of the cases it is more psychological rather than organic in cause. The masturbatory habits though normal but in excess i.e 2-3 times a day can often lead to premature ejaculation and decreased sustenance of feeling of pleasure. At 24 years, the fact that there is no issue in erection or reaching an orgasm and developing sexual feelings in your case indicates that there is no hormonal issue at all, so one needs to be training oneself in more of a psychological and behavioural way.

You can follow a technique called the squeeze technique where while masturbating you can hold your penis tight to disallow the ejaculation sensation and once the orgasm pass off you can try the act again. If you are sexually active then you can also try the withdrawal technique combined with the squeeze technique and this shall help.
Thirdly reduce on watching porn and your masturbatory activities which shall allow this apprehension and anxiety associated with sex to calm down and shall help you in future. There are medications available in terms of anti-depressants in low dose which can help and have been regularly advised for a period of 2-3 months which help in premature ejaculation. You can discuss the same with your physician and he can prescribe you the same.

Fourthly, regarding the size of penis, 5 inches is fairly normal and adequate to pleasure your woman comfortably so this anxiety of decreased size should be allayed with, however many supplements are available in market which claim to increase penile size but their claims are not substantiated by studies and often they don't help at all. Naturally after reaching an age of 20, the growth of penis is achieved to its maximum and further increase naturally is not seen, however surgical options are available in form of implants, but they are restricted in cases of severe micro-penis or erectile dysfunction.

So I feel and suggest that you should meet your physician and discuss about premature ejaculation in detail and he should be offering you certain hormonal test and behavioural tests which can allow him to establish a diagnosis and also prescribe anti-depressants which can help you overcome your concern.

I hope have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you good health and safe sexual practices,