Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Premature hair greying

Premature hair greying

Patient: Hii! Im having premature hair greying, I first found out when I was in my teens! recently it has been worst ! I also suspect that it could be genetical problem. My question is, can this condition be improved ? or maybe reversed ?? Thank You

Symptoms: Hair greying and losing hair

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.Premature greying is usually due to following reasons:1) Genetic2) Nutritional deficiency3)External factors like hair dye use4) idiopathic: no known reasonI usually advice my patients to take tab containing biotin, calcium pantothenate, selenium which are required for hair.You may apply melitane which is a pigment producing drug available in market like altris gel.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you ans give you prescription.I hope it helps.Take care.