Prep for colonoscopy

Patient

Q: My ex is haveing a colonoscopy friday, they told him not to eat any after midnight tonight. They gave him four bisacodyl pills to take at 1 pm tomorrow, then he has to mix 64 ozs of gatoraid with polythlylene glycol 3350, NF chill it then starting at 2 pm he has to drink 8 0z every 10 mintues. I would like to know if this sounds right or should he see another doctor.

Doctor

A:   I sincerely understand your worry about your ex husband Colonoscopy preparation. Let me reassure you that the method that his doctor is using to prepare him for his colonoscopy is correct. The goal of colonoscopy prep is to eliminate all fecal matter from the colon so that the physician conducting the colonoscopy will have a clear view. There are several ways to achieve this, one of them is the product that your ex husband is taking. I understand that the preparation might be rough. I would like to recommend plenty of clear liquids on hand to drink, Follow your doctor's instructions. You wouldn't want to have to do the prep all over again because you didn't get it right the first time and Call the doctor's office for help if you have any trouble or don't understand the prep instructions.