Prescription for adderall and options for cronic depression

Patient

Q: Two things; 1) I used to have a prescription for adderall but no longer have that doctor, how do I get a doctor to write me a new prescription? 2) Cronic Depression runs in my family, I'm told I have it, I don't want to be medicated because I'm fearful that it will make me unable to focus on work and life. Are there medications out there that don't make you absent minded and if so how would I get prescribed something for that? I have a feeling that if I take care of my ADD that maybe that will help with my depression.

Symptoms:  Unable to focus, absent minded, short memory, depression for no reason, lack of interest in anything
Doctor