Preventing Asthma Attacks in Children

Q: For children who already have asthma, what are ways of treating or preventing it or preventing asthma attacks?

A:   Asthma is an overreaction of the respiratory mucosa triggered by certain allergens. One of the best ways to prevent this is by avoiding indoor and outdoor allergens and irritants, it is recommended that every asthmatic patient identifies their particular allergens that range from pollen and mold to cold air and air pollution.
One should also recognize their own breathing patterns, coughing, wheezing or shortness of breath could be a sign that an asthma attack would develop soon. Once you identify an attack, stop any physical activity and star your medication. A lung functional test is recommended every 6 months to a year. I hope I cleared your doubt.