Primary Hyperhydrosis

Patient

Q: I have used many different deodarants, im not over weight im 22 and weigh 115. i can even be inside of a cool house and i sweat alot under my arms. it leaves marks on my clothes and i cant wear certain shirts outside because its embarring. what should i do?

Doctor

A:   The condition you describe sounds like hyperhydrosis.
Hyperhidrosis may be primary (no identifiable cause) or secondary (the direct result of another medical condition).
If you visit your family doctor, he or she will be able to determine if it is primary or secondary and suggest a treatment.  The majority of cases of hyperhydrosis are primary and respond well to Botox injections.