Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Probability of being pregnant?

Probability of being pregnant?

Patient: I started my last period Dec 21 and ended Dec 26. I then had protected sex January 2 the condom did not break, slip off, and it did not have any leaks (we checked by filling it up with water.) On January 18 while being fingered i started having brown discharge which stopped a couple hours later. Could this mean i’m most likely pregnant or that my period is about to start? my cycles are between 4-6 weeks long

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Having a discharge of brown color, when your cycles are awaited, may mostly likely to be your periods fast approaching. Yet, we have to rule out pregnancy, do a urine pregnancy test, if negative, there is nothing much to worry about.Hope this helpedRegards