Probablity of pregnancy after going off OCP's

Patient

Q: Hello Doc, I started my last period on Feb 4th-8th. I ovulated Feb 15th-19th and had unprotected sex during ovulation. It's now Feb 20th and I'm feeling lower abdominal pains and wordering if I could be preganat. Also, I just stop taking my BC pills (per my Doctor to get pregnant) at the end of January, so just wondering if you can conceive that quickly. Thanks.

Doctor

A:   Certainly, it is possible to get pregnant just by missing one of the daily doses. The symptoms that you mentioned might not be 100% indicative of pregnancy. The only ways to know is by waiting until the end of this cycle and if your menses don’t show, take a home pregnancy test.
If the results are positive, you will need to confirm it with a blood pregnancy test. I wish you the best.