Probably Supraspinatus weakness/shoulder impingement problem

Patient

Q: Hi doc, thanks for your time to read my question.

I've been working out (build muscle) for my shoulder for 3 months. I've been doing standing side lateral raise for 3 months.

The standing side lateral raise i am doing is like this:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/power-partials
1. I grasp the dumbbel on both arm while standing.
2. I raise my both upper arm to side away from body until elbow is shoulder height
3. Lower and repeat.

For 3 months, i don't experience any pain, only muscle soreness in the shoulder muscle (both deltoid). But, in this recent days, when i side raise my left arm (without weight), i feel pain in the elbow and a little weakness in the lateral shoulder. I know this is not muscle soreness. This pain is getting worse in the left elbow when i do that side raise but with thumb point down. This happens only on my left arm. My right arm is fine.
I try myself the “empty can test” on my left arm with the tumb pointing down, and my right hand pushing down the left arm, i feel pain in the elbow but i can still resist the down force.
If i try that with thumb pointing up, i don’t experience pain and i can still resist the down force.
So, my questions are:
1. What should i do to cure this pain and weakness?
2. Is this an early sign of supraspinatus weakness / supraspinatus tendinitis/ shoulder impingement on my left arm?
3. Why this happens only on my left arm?
Doc, please answer my question, and thank you for your time doctor.

Symptoms:  Pain in the left elbow and a little weakness in the lateral shoulder when doing side lateral raise.
Probably Supraspinatus weak...-1 Probably Supraspinatus weak...-2
Doctor