Probiotics

Patient: Hi I have a yeast infection..I took diflucan 4 days ago and aware that it takes approximately 4 days to work. I was wondering if I can take probiotics for yeast while on antibiotics(diflucan)?

Doctor: Hello, I understand your doubt about taking Probiotics and Diflucan. Diflucan is used to treat infections caused by fung us.Probiotics are thought to prevent and treat vaginal yeast infections and urinary tract infections. There should not be any contraindication in taking them a t the same time, however if you would like to wait until you finish your Anti Fungal Treatment to start taking them, it would be fine also. I wish you a prompt recovery.