Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Problem after neck fusion

Problem after neck fusion

Patient: I had neck fusion surgery over five years ago. Recently I turned my head at an angle and heard a very loud pop. Now I have severe pain in my neck and progressing down my back. What could be the problem?

Symptoms: Severe neck pain progressing down my back, headaches, and I can’t move my head from side to side.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for your queryI have gone through your query and understand your concern. It can be some muscle pull o r stretching of the ligament. It will be resolved by rest to neck and analgesic such as ibuprofen can be taken to reduce pain . Vitamin B and C help in resolving it. Hope your query get answered. Wishing you a good health. Take care.