Problem in consuming Alcohol

Patient

Q: I am a man 48 years of age. I used to be a regular drinker of alcohol and I did enjoy it as much as I liked to drink. I am not an addict and have never been one. Of late "lets say around 8 months back I noticed that I am unable to drink or enjoy the drink the moment I have a drink, be it just one can of beer or any other form of alcohol, with just one peg I start to immediately feel totally uneasy. My eyes turn blood red, I feel tired; I start to get pain on my shoulders and feel difficulty in breathing. I become a total reck. I consulted some doctors here but no one has ever given me a right answer or have they prescribed any form of medicine to help me recover from this suffering. I do get this feeling sometimes when I have oily food. I have checked on my sugar levels, cholesterol and pressure. I am on the border line. I should also say that I smoke. Please advise what could be wrong and what measure I should be taking to correct me from the problem I am undergoing. My job as a sales manager forces me to sometimes consume alcohol but now I am unable to stand it. An early reply will be highly appreciated. thanks in advance, Sanjay

Doctor

A:   Your symptoms may occur in different conditions . However yours points towards inflammation of the gall bladder. You need to get an ultrasound of the abdomen and this will assist in the diagnosis. All the best.