Problem in my Penis head

Patient

Q: There is white light thick paste all over my penis head esecially in the end part of my penis head every morning. i wash it eveerytime and it goes for a while but am having this problem for years it stinks too what should i do??? am so depressed

Symptoms:  My penis head was red in colour n now its getting black
Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

The whitish substance is likely to be Smegma, that is a whitish substance that may be present on the genitalia. It is caused by the shedding of skin cells and it is harmless, although it may become problematic if it is allowed to build up. It is a combination of exfoliated (shed) epithelial cells, transudated skin oils, and moisture. It occurs in both female and males. Smegma may build up if it is not washed away. This may cause problems, thus good personal hygiene is necessary to avoid such problems. If smegma is allowed to build up it may begin to smell. It also may provide a place where bacteria can breed. In males, smegma can also cause the foreskin to stick to the head of the penis. This may make erections painful as the foreskin cannot be easily rolled back. Furthermore, a build-up of smegma in males may cause a condition called balanitis. This is where the head of the penis becomes inflamed. Other symptoms of balanitis include an unpleasant -smelling discharge. Balanitis is common and is, in fact, the reason why 1 in 10 men attend a sexual health clinic. Please consult your physician and have it examined.

Hope this helps.