Problem retracting foreskin of penis.

Patient

Q: I have problem retracting foreskin of my penis. I am married and this has happened after i had sex with my wife. It is also noticed that irritation is there during urination.

Doctor

A:   You are most probably suffering from balanitis. This is caused due to poor hygiene and overlying inflammation and irritation to the penile skin. This causes a problem with foreskin retraction. The foreskin of the penis may be painful to retract and there may also be discharge and redness in the area. The treatment of balanitis is by topical antibiotics and proper cleaning of the area. If there is scarring of the foreskin, steroid creams may be helpful.