Problem with epiglottis and white matter over it

Patient

Q: My sister was suffering from sever throat problem for about 2 years..it was difficult for her to breath sometimes at night...she consulted a doctor last year and he says...it was the problem of epiglottis..and a white matter is there behind the epiglottis...so he suggested a surgery last April and she undergone it....after that the doctor was confident about her cure..but unfortunately she is now in a very bad condition that the problem still persists is such a bad situation...she is now having difficulties in talking too. She is a teacher and thats why its affecting her career too..
so we want to know "WHAT ACTUALLY SHE IS HAVING"....and WHAT IS THE CORRECT TREATMENT FOR THE DISEASE?....
Expecting your valuable reply.....

Symptoms:  Breathing difficulty
difficulty in talking
cough
throat roughness
Doctor