Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Problems faced during first trimester

Problems faced during first trimester

Patient: I completed three months of pregnancy last week. I lost 2 KG weight. My diet is not so good because i feel vomiting when i eat. Yesterday i also got allergic reaction on stomach and arms. May be I did Face Bleach yesterday and then i ate orange. Because Becosule capsule (Vitamin C) always does reaction to me. Sometimes i also feel fever. And, in the 1st 2 months i had constipation and in 3rd month, i had loose motion. Please suggest what to do?

Symptoms: Vomiting, itching while allergic reation.

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Some amount of nausea and vomiting is common in early pregnan cy. These symptoms can be decreased by taking antacids and antiemetics.Better to avoid bleaching etc in pregnancy.And prefer to take fruits and tablets which are suitable for you.Constipation can be seen in pregnancy due to the effect of progesterone hormone, which can be treated by taking plenty of oral fluids, fiber rich diet, laxatives etc.Loose motions can occur due to gastric disturbances or due to side effects of tablets, which should be treated according to the cause.Hope this helps.Take care.