Problems when urinating May be an STI or UTI Please

Q: Hi I am 19 years old and about 2 weeks ago I had protected sex with a condom. That week I experienced some unusual feelings when I peed, but ignored it because that usually happens after sex. Everyday leading to this past weekend (July 4) the pain got worse and I had to frequently urinate, along with some pressure on my bladder. This weekend (July 4th) I consumed way too much alcohol and did not make good decisions. I had protected sex again, and felt lots of pain after it, especially when I peed. Now every time I pee, it hurts and not much comes out. Today, July 6, I purchased a UTI dip test and reliever pills at the store, and leukocytes and nitrates showed up positive. Is it time to go to the doctor and check it out? If I had protected sex, how common is it to still get an STD? Please help me!!!

Symptoms:  Frequency of urination, burning when urinating, traces of leukocytes and nitrates in urine sample, fowl smelling urine