Problems with birth control pills (Cryselle 28)

Patient : My period has been irregular this past couple of months. I decided to go to the doctors and tell her about my problem. I was given Cryselle 28 tablets. I have been taking this for 3 days, and my period is not getting lighter but heavier. I thought the whire pills supposed to slow down or stop the bleeding, and the green pills will make your cycle start back.
Doctor :   Cryselle 28 contains a combination of female hormones that prevent ovulation. Cryselle Cryselle and sometimes to regulat e irregular periods. How the pill works is that the white pills contain the active drug ingredients (ethinyl estradiol and norgestrel) that prevent the release of egg from the ovary. the green pills are "reminder pills" that contain only vitamins. Once you are on the "reminder/green" pills, the 7-day break from hormones triggers monthly bleeding that mimics a woman's menstrual period. It usually takes 1-2 months for the periods to become regular.