Problems with getting pregnant

Patient

Q: Ear doctor, i am 24 years old married women.i had facing facial hair growth problem.in order to doctor concern i had done ultra scan and the rport said that my uterus size is 8.7 5.9 4.7cms.endometrium is 8mm in thickness.is there any problem for pregenancy?

Doctor

A:   A normal uterus is about 8 x 6 x 4 cm, so according to your ultrasound report it is normal. Also the thickness of the endometrium depend on which phase of the menstruation was it done. During the menstrual phase the thickness is 1-4mm whereas in the secretory phase it is between 15-18mm. You have mentioned that you have a problem of facial hair growth. This is commonly seen with women suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). You may need to see your doctor to determine whether you have PCOS or not.