Producing milk a year and half after giving birth

Patient

Q: Is it noormal to produce and leak milk 14 months after giving birth when i have never breastfed?

Doctor

A:   No. Producing milk for so long after delivery is definitely not normal, and you may want to get this checked out by your doctor, who may refer you to a specialist, a surgeon and/or an endocrinologist, for further evaluation and early management of the condition. There could be a possibility of breast lump that may be the cause of milk secretion, or the excess presence of hormone prolactin due to any reason may be the cause.