Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Progesterone result after IUI

Progesterone result after IUI

Patient: I have done my IUI after taking 7 FSH injuction, 3 HMG injuction and one HCG injuction for ovulation. I have ovulated the 25th day of my cycle and done IUI on the same day. I have tested my blood progesterone level after i week and the result was 12.8. Dear doctor kindly provide me the correct position that if i have a chance to get pregnant. Somebody told me that progesterone level will be higher if we ovulated with the hormones. Is this 12.8 hike is because of the hormones i have taken for ovulation or I have a chance to Pregnancy. Kindly advice Doctor. I am in confusion and so much tensed. Please advise.

Symptoms: Pelvic Pain

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.The progesterone values in the first trimester of pregnancy r anges from 9 to 47ng/ml, with an average of 12-20ng/ml.Though hormones like HCG can influence the progesterone levels, it is difficult to comment regarding this with single value.Usually progesterone levels rise with an average of 1 to 3ng/ml in every two to three days in first trimester. So, by repeating progesterone levels estimation, possibly one conclusion can be drawn or better to wait till your expected date of delivery and go for blood test for pregnancy.Take care