Prognosis of congenital single kidney

Patient : What is the long-term prognosis for a child who is born with one kidney? is it true that a subject born with one kidney has about 15 years less to live than those in two?
Doctor :   Certainly not, children born with one kidney known as unilateral renal agenesis are capable of living a normal life with out complications. Surely some physicians advise against contact sports to prevent trauma to the remaining kidney and other risk factors during adulthood such as smoking, alcohol. In any case, patients with URA require eventual follow-up consultations with the nephrologists since hypertension and renal insufficiency have been reported in a few long-term studies with single kidney patients. I hope I cleared your doubt.