Prolonged morning cold

Patient

Q: I have cold in the morning and fades away during the course of the day.why is it?

Symptoms:  Sneezing,cold,itchy nose
Doctor

Cold and sneezing in the morning especially on waking up could be mostly due to an allergic cause. Allergic rhinitis it is called so, the person may develop a reaction to any allergen like dust, mites, pet hair, fumes, perfumes, pollen, air conditioner, etc. It is always advised to identify the allergen and avoid it as much as possible. You may try Cetirizine or any other antihistaminic for temporary relief if it gets worst. Montelukast and mast cell stabilizers taken for a longer time prevent regular attacks. Steam inhalations also help.

Hope this helped.