Prolonged Wrist Pain

Patient

Q: A few weeks back, I hurt my wrist doing gymnastics. I thought it was just a sprain and treated it as such. However, three weeks in the future it still hurts to move it a certain direction. Any advice?

Symptoms:  Wrist pain
Doctor

A:   Hi
Thanks for your query
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. It is most likely you got a sprain to your wrist. Sprains many times take much more time to recover. Treatment of it is rest and analgesic such as ibuprofen. Vitamin B and C is helpful in recovery. However, you can get your x-ray done to exclude fracture. Hope your query get answered. Wishing you a good health. Take care.