Prostatitis?

Patient

Q: I have been having problems for well over a year now. I have been to multiple doctors and none have been able to pinpoint a cause or give a clear diagnosis. I have had many urine analysis tests as well as STD tests over the past 12-15 months at request of the doctors. All tests have come back normal. I have a history of kidney stones but this was ruled out in a recent X-ray.

My day to day symptoms

- Feeling as if there is something stuck in my urethra after voiding urine.
- Stringy substance in urine when happening in conjunction with a bowel movement.
- Annoying mild pelvic pain (this comes and goes)

These symptoms come and go and I can't seem to pinpoint what causes them to occur. I am a relatively healthy 21 year old. Drink plenty of water each day and stay away from soda.

Part of me is wondering if this could be a prostate problem. The doctor I have been seeing has treated me with two 30 day courses of CIPRO in fear that it might be a prostate infection. Neither one of these courses of antibiotics has helped with the symptoms.

I have begun to get very frustrated over this entire issue. Any help you can put forth would be greatly appreciated.

Symptoms:  Feeling as if there is something stuck in my urethra after voiding urine.
Doctor