Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Protected sex during ovulation, noticed pinkish red spotting

Protected sex during ovulation, noticed pinkish red spotting

Patient: Protected sex during ovulation, noticed pinkish red spotting 4 days after then now I stuck a qtip in my vagina and it came out light brown. Experiencing lower back pain….period isnt due for another week. Could this be a sign of pregnancy?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.There could be a mild chance of pregnancy considering the symptoms that you have ment ioned.Kindly do a beta hcg blood test to rule out the pregnancy. If negative, await your cycles as this can be a part of premenstrual syndrome.If you don’t get the cycles even after a week, you will have to repeat the pregnancy test and consult the gynecologist for further management.Hope this helped.Regards