Protected sex yet worried

Patient

Q: I am 36-year-old woman, height 5 feet 2 inches, weight 72 kgs. My last period was on 28 Feb and lasted for 3 days. I had protected sex with my partner on 7th March. The condom did not break but I was apprehensive there must have been some leakage from the base of it. So, I took an I-pill between 24-48 hours of the act. Do I still need to worry about pregnancy?

Symptoms:  None.
Doctor

Thanks for the query,

First if your menses was on 28th Feb then on 7th march you were still in your safe period when ovulation had not occurred and the chances of pregnancy are hence negligible. But now that you have taken a PLAN-B tablet withing 24 hrs, it shall serve as a double protection and further reduces the chances of pregnancy by causing shedding of the formed endometrium. Ideally the bleeding should start again within 7 days but as the pill has been taken in the proliferative phase, there is a likelihood that the flow may be scanty and only for 2-3 days.
So rest assured, you are pregnancy safe,