Protein, kidney, and weight loss

Patient

Q: Dear doctor:

I am 26-year-old male with a weight of 75 Kg and have some extra tummy fat. Somebody instructed me to take protein-rich diet and include chickpeas in diet. I am daily eating 500 gms of "boiled chickpeas" and two boiled eggs every day. I just want to make sure with this much of protein I am not injuring my kidney as high protein diet might lead to kidney stones. I had a past history of kidney stones which i passed via urine. Please note I am walking 3-4 km five days a week and drinking 4-5 bottles of water every day.

Please suggest me other foods which can help me to lose a few pounds and lose tummy fat. (I am non-vegetarian eating only chicken and seafood). Another issue with me is m working night shifts and thus take a long naps in the afternoon.

Manish Bhatia

Doctor