Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Protein urea and chyle urea

Protein urea and chyle urea

Patient: I am having protein and chyle in urine since 2 years.once the protein got to 19 grams but now its reduced to 400mg.i also had a considerable weight loss of 20 kgs.Minimal change disease and FSGS were detected in the biopsy report.Since 6 months the weight has remained constant.But rest all blood reports and urine reports are normal.So what can be ailment that i am suffering from?is it chyleurea or proteinurea?will it be completely curable?And what can be the diet that i should take?

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.You are suffering from Nephrotic Syndrome, FSGS variant.In most of the cases it is Idiopathic. However, we should evaluate, Tuberculosis, Hepatitis B and C, Autoimmune diseases.Treatment is mainly with steroids.Usually treatment is given for 6 months. Once remission is achieved, steroids are tapered and withdrawn.As far as diet is concerned, you should not take high protein diet. Protein intake should be kept in moderation.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.