Proteinurea and chyleurea

Patient

Q: Since I have diabetes I can't take steroids fr my nephrotic syndrome.Is there any alternative for this?
And also the protein value in urine has reduced from 19000 mg to 400 mg/24 hours.So do i need to take steroids anymore?

Symptoms:  Earlier i had milky white urine
Doctor

You have to continue taking steroids as it is the main stay of therapy in nephrotic syndrome. Th proteins have come down because of steroids only and hence a stop of the sam would lead to a deescalation of the proteins again.
Please consider and discuss the option of omitting your steroids with your nephrologist and take an informed decision.
I hope i have answered your query,
regards.