Proteinurea and chyleurea

Patient : Since I have diabetes I can't take steroids fr my nephrotic syndrome.Is there any alternative for this? And also the protein value in urine has reduced from 19000 mg to 400 mg/24 hours.So do i need to take steroids anymore?
Symptoms:  Earlier i had milky white urine
Doctor :   Hello, You have to continue taking steroids as it is the main stay of therapy in nephrotic syndrome. Th proteins have come down because of steroids only and hence a stop of the sam would lead to a deescalation of the proteins again. Please consider and discuss the option of omitting your steroids with your nephrologist and take an informed decision. I hope i have answered your query, regards.