Prozac acid

Patient

Q: My daughter takes 40ml of prozac daily. Today about an hour after she took it she burped it up in power form. Making her vomit. Since then its hard to swallow or drink anything. What's wrong? How do I fix it?

Symptoms:  Dry throat, can't swallow, pain. Vomiting
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that after your daughter vomited stomach acids irritated her throat. The strong stomach acids can cause irritation to the sensitive surfaces that line the pharynx and larynx making it difficult to swallow. As far as treatment is concerned, only supportive treatment such as giving her ice chips or ice cream to soothe the burning sensation will can help. This soreness should resolve without complication in about 3-5 days.

Thank you for choosing Askthedoctor.com