Pseudoephedrine and its long term effects.

Patient : What are the long term effects of taking pseudoephedrine ? thanks.
Doctor :   Pseudoephedrine is used as a nasal decongestant and helps relieve nasal congestion and sinus problems. It is a symptomat ic treatment and does not treat the cause of the congestion/infection. Long term use of the topical decongestant can lead to something called rhinitis medicamentosa which basically is worsening of the rhinits due to the medication itself. Other than this there is no severe long term side effect of this medication. All the best.