Puffy nipples, breast cancer?

Patient

Q: Hi i have puffy nipples and under each nipple theres something like a ball of tissue or something that are fairly big. i noticed this when i was about 14 and i am almost 19 now. since ive noticed them they seem to have grown but not a lot, any ideas on what this is and how to fix it?

Symptoms:  Puffy nipples that protrude outward pretty noticeably, ball like figures under each nipples.
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Enlarged nipples and breast tissue in males is associated with hormonal changes associated with puberty. This is perhaps what is causing your symptoms. We would like you to ere on the side of caution and have this examined by your doctor in order to rule out any serious pathology. Male breast cancer can only be confirmed by surgical biopsy. Please see your doctor.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com