Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pulled the bottom back part of my neck and upper

Pulled the bottom back part of my neck and upper

Patient: Pulled the bottom back part of my neck and upper back in severe pain and can barley move neck around

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The DoctorYou seem to be suffering from Acute Muscular Spasm, but we should always rule out an y evidence of cervical disc problem in such cases.I would advise you to get:1. X-ray Cervical spine to rule out any disc prolapse.2. 2. ESR, Serum calcium and vitamin D levels.For acute muscular pain i advise following:1. A combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside.2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.Your pain would start getting better in 5 days.If any disc prolapse is found you would be treated with a combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin.Share my opinion with your Doctor before you act upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.