Quadricep Injury from kicking

Patient : Hello, I recently became a kicker for my high school football team, and after a couple of practices my quad started to become sore. I figured it was just soreness from the exercise so I stretched out and iced my leg and it felt better. I also put compression on it during to practice because it helped with the pain. However, today after practice my leg became very sore, and while walking I feel a sharp pain in my quad. Also, when I press down it certain areas of my leg, there is a sharp pain and my leg is swollen. Is there anything I could do besides RICE to be able to practice tomorrow, or is this more than a muscle soreness injury.
Symptoms:  Swelling, sharp pain when walking and when pressing down in certain areas