Query about ethanol metbolism

Patient

Q: How long does alcohol stay in the blood and urine? How long after ingestion is it no longer detectable by bllod, urine and breathing tests?

Doctor

A:   Ethanol ie alcohol is a substance that is removed through oxidisation . The metabolism follows zerooprder kinetics ie the elimination is not characterise by a specific half life ie the time taken to eliminate half the amount ingested but is excreted continuosly at a constant rate . Thus the duration of how long it remains in the body and how long after can it be detected by the various tests would depend on the amount consumed.  I hope this helps.