Query About Weight and Figure Returning to Normal After Medical Abortion

Patient

Q: I will be 9 weeks pregnant when i have a medical abortion next week and im wondering how it will affect my weight and figure. im only 5'2" and while i havent gained much (if any) weight, i visibly look bigger and am bloated all the time. within a few days, can i expect to see a loss of a few pounds and decrease in bloating, or will i need to diet and exercise to get back my regular figure?

Doctor

A:   You can expect to spontaneously lose some but not all of the weight you have gained. You will need to adjust your diet and excercise consistently to effectively lose weight and keep it off.