Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Query for hirsutism treatment.

Query for hirsutism treatment.

Patient: I am asking this question for my sister. What type of doctors or specialist treat hirsutism? Is it Endocrinologist?

Symptoms: Excess unwanted hair growth, mood swings depression, manly behavior, Blank at times, slow response

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.Hirsutism is better treated by an endocrinologist or general physi cian.If associated with other changes like acne, menstrual irregularities, then a team work is required including an endocrinologist, dermatologist and gynaecologist.Actually the most important is evaluation of the cause.You may need hormonal evaluation including serum LH, FSH, DHEAS, 17 (OH)progesterone, serum testosterone. If menstrual irregularity is present, Ultrasound lower abdomen will be done to rule out Polycystic Ovarian Disease.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and order tests for you.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.