Question

Patient : My Mom has a fistula in her lower bowel and has been on TPN for a year. She was admitted last week for severe dehydration, urinary track infection, Pneumonia, and has gram positive rods bacterial infection. She was put in ICU due to the doctors feeling that she might go into respiratory and kidney failure. she was placed on a ventilator and has been on it for 6 days. I am worried about her mind. They started ween her off the ventilator today. she is opening her eyes but not following commands. does it normally take a while for a patient to respond. She is 76 years old and her kidney levels are 4.3.
Symptoms:  My Mom has a fistula in her lower bowel and has been on TPN for a year. She was admitted last week for severe dehydration, urinary track infection, Pneumonia, and has gram positive rods bacterial infection. She was put in ICU due to the doctors feeling that she might go into respiratory and kidney failure. she was placed on a ventilator and has been on it for 6 days. I am worried about her mind. They started ween her off the ventilator today. she is opening her eyes but not following commands. does it normally take a while for a patient to respond. She is 76 years old and her kidney levels are 4.3.